Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ne Yo reaches out!

Neyo cover art



Post #1 from Ne Yo

Ladies and gents, how are you?? Hopefully fly and content as humanly possible. I'm very proud of this album, so very much in fact that I really REALLY don't want anyone to miss anything, or let any meanings go over their heads so, for the next 10 days before the album drops, I'm going to break down the meaning behind the other 10 songs on the record, of course excluding what you've already heard, "closer" and "Ms. Independent". I feel that this'll help you all get a better understanding of what the songs are, why I wrote them the way I did, the inspirations behind them, while at the same time letting you a lil' further into the mind of yours truly.

The goal always being, allowing you to KNOW ME better. Enjoy!!

#2 NOBODY.

This song is more about the FEEL of the record as oppose to it being so much about the lyrics. It depicts a woman, sexy, strong, sexy, a lil' dangerous.......did I mention sexy......??

The kind of woman the steps on the floor in the club and all the fellas want it, all the ladies wanna be it. Know what I mean?? The track is very much early MJ, very much sounding like it came straight outta the sessions for the "Off The Wall" album. This song is my MJ tribute song. I always do atleast one, every album. Can you pick out the ones from the last two albums??

Dance to this one y'all, you'll feel somethin' I promise!!!
Enjoy!!




Post #2 from Ne Yo


#3. SINGLE.

This is a song about fantasy helping to ease reality. Picture this ladies. You n' your man get into a massive fight. You decide to head out to clear your mind of the drama. This is the song that comes on in the club and helps wash away all that stress on your mind. "I'll be your boyfriend til' the song goes off....." Meaning anything he don't do for you, imma do for you, but you better indulge while you can, cause I'm here for you..........but only until the song is over.

I wrote this song for two reasons. One, to show ladies that ain't nothin' wrong wit "a lil fantasy" , and two, to show fellas what could be goin' on wit YOUR girl, after you stress her to the point where she gotta go out on her own!! Might wanna settle that lil' difference before she takes off, she might come back comparing you to me!!

Make sure you look out for the other version of this record with NKOTB. It's HOT!!!!




We loves him right? I will def be at the BEST BUY come SEPTEMBER 16TH SEPTEMBER 16TH, Hopefully . . . No I know you'll Join me!


yearofthegentleman.com

No comments: